Dominican Republic is the second largest and most diverse Caribbean country, situated just two hours south of Miami, less than four hours from New York and eight hours from most European cities. Known for our warm and hospitable people, Dominican Republic is a destination like no other, featuring astounding nature, intriguing history and rich culture.
Surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean on the north and the Caribbean Sea on the south, our lush tropical island paradise boasts nearly 1,000 miles (1,609 km) of coastline, 250 miles (402 km) of the world’s top beaches, magnificent resorts and hotels, and a variety of sports, recreation and entertainment options. Here you can dance to the pulse- pounding thrill of the merengue, renew in our luxurious and diverse accommodations, explore ancient relics of centuries past, delight in delicious Dominican gastronomy or enjoy ecotourism adventures in our magnificent national parks, mountain ranges, rivers and beaches.
The #1 destination for golf in the Caribbean and Latin America, Dominican Republic delights visitors with 25 designer golf courses amid breathtaking coastlines with mountain backdrops and lush green fairways. With so many beautiful natural settings like romantic waterfalls, breathtaking coasts and idyllic accommodations,
Dominican Republic is a top destination for weddings and romance. Many world class-resorts and hotels also cater to meetings and incentive groups who flock to Dominican Republic for excellent, friendly service and dynamic meeting venues.
Dominican Republic offers a fantastic combination of environments to capture your imagination and refresh the soul. And with eight international airports, paradise has never been easier to explore. We invite you to discover our breathtaking island sanctuary and create memories that will last a lifetime.
This is a list of the top reasons why you should discover this Caribbean paradise!
- Dominican Republic hotel rates are among the best in the Caribbean.
- You get a very good value for your money.
- A big island with breathtaking landscapes and beaches.
- Friendly, hospitable and easygoing Dominicans assures an enjoyable stay.
- Warm and pleasant climate makes this a good destination all year around.
- We are here and will make a difference with a well organized event.
- Music to get you dancing.
- Diving, sailing, fishing, river rafting, hiking Pico Duarte, snorkeling, surfing, windsurfing and kite surfing.
- Every year during spring, about 10,000 Humpback whales travel to Samana Bay to spawn. You can take a boat trip to an unforgettable event.